FACTORS THAT CAUSE HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSE
- Negligence of the action
- Ignorance of the society concerned
- The selfishness of some individuals who consider only their interests.
Parents can abuse the right of their children by;
- Denying them education
- Not providing basic needs such as food and clothing for their children.
- Forcing their children to marry against their wishes, especially at a tender age.
- Giving their children severe punishment.
Society can be abuse individual rights through;
- Beating up and killing suspected criminals without giving them a fair trial in a court of law.
- Abandoning children in the streets.
- Stigmatizing less fortunate members of society such as the disabled and people living with HIV and AIDS.
Government can abuse human rights through ;
- Making oppressive laws that limit individual rights.
- Discriminating against some citizens due to their color, gender, religion, or ethnic origin.
- Not including a Bill of Rights in the Constitution.
- Not maintaining the rules of law.