How free and fair elections are ensured in Tanzania
184.108.40.206. Election conditions
- Are held after every five years as per constitution
- Many political parties complete in the elections for different vacant seats in the central and local government these parties are treated equally.
- The right to vote is for every citizen who qualifies
- Voting is done secretly no one is forced to vote for a candidate against his or her own choice.
- Civic education is provided to voters so as to be aware of their constitutional rights in voting
- There are electoral campaigns where by all contestants are given enough time to visit their areas of election and publicize their policies and also allow citizens to ask questions
- There is political tolerance
- Results are respected especially those who have not won
- Election petitions are allowed that is an election of any candidate may be challenged in a court of law.
220.127.116.11. Election procedures
NEC is responsible for general elections. Supervise and co ordinate the following:
- Registration of voters on presidential parliamentary and civic elections
- The conduct of the presidential and parliamentary elections.
- Review boundaries of various areas for the purpose of parliamentary elections • Perform other functions in accordance to the law