Revenue is also called income.
Source of income / revenue for local government are:
Example of rent is:
- Houses rent from council houses.
- Rent from market stalls.
- Land rent and services charge.
A license is a permanent from an authority to come out an activity own or use something. A person can apply for a license for things such as:
- Retail trading
Duties are fees paid for certain goods and services. Example includes:
- Customs duties, paid on goods brought in to the country.
- Stamp duty, paid for some legal democracies.
- Excise duties, paid for some goods made, sold or used within the country.
Resident living in an area contribute to their local authority through.
- Fee under by law.
- Court fines.
- Paying for the use of community centers.
- Hiding fund raising for community project.
- Grant and Loans
These are fund given by the central government and various local and international agencies to the local government authorities