- No Special Requirements
- Detailed Notes
- Quizzes/Test at the end of Topic
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- All Researchers
This is online course designed to train undergraduates, postgraduates students and other persons who are interested in social science research in how to develop research studies, collect data, analyze data and write research report.
Aims of the course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the theory behind and application of those research methods.
- Learn sound grounding in a broad range and variety of approaches designs statistical techniques and methods to conducting both qualitative and quantitative social science research.
- Have a basic understanding of the various research methods used in the social sciences, including the formulation of a research question, choice of research design, selection of investigative units and collection of data
- Develop analytical thinking skills identifying research questions formulating hypotheses operationalizing ways to test them and drawing conclusions based on logical analysis of collected data.
- Write an academic article and/or report in the social sciences based on quantitative data and quantitative analysis.