- These are places or buildings where information and objects are
- It involves all terms which shows culture, political economic and technological development from the past to present.
- Objects can be Early coins, clothes, minerals cowries, religious and ceremonial
- Museums can be national, Regional, Districts and
e.g National Museums in Dar es salaam, Bagamoyo, Butiama, Kalenga – Iringa
184.108.40.206. FUNCTIONS OF MUSEUMS
- Preserve historical documents and
- Shows concrete remains of objects.
- It is the place for tourist and study
- It is the center for cultural and national
220.127.116.11. ADVANTAGES OF MUSEUMS
- It preserve objects which are used as teaching aids.
- Museums preserve culture and national
- It used by researchers (source of information).
- It acts as tourist
- People learn about technological
- Enable learners to arouse creativity
18.104.22.168. DISADVANTAGES OF MUSEUMS
- It needs knowledgeable people.
- It is possible to distort information through biases by the museum
- Poor preservation of the past items eg .coins, pieces of cloth, slaves chain can distort
- It needs extensive care to maintain it’s beauty or