Meaning of History
History is the study of man and his activities in different times. These activities enable man to obtain his needs.
Man’s basic needs are food, clothes and shelter.
- History enables us to understand how man has been working on his
- History helps us to understand the past and the present, that help us to predict the
- It helps us to understand the relationship between people in different periods.
- It helps us to understand technological transformation in human life e.g from stone age to iron age.
- It helps us to get knowledge on
- It helps us in making investigation on different
- History helps us to understand our
1st level: History explains about man’s struggle to master his environment.
i.e. People irrigating because of drought.
2nd level: History shows the relationship between man and man’s past.
I.e. Hunters and gathers or people met in hunting killed the prey and shared it